When you want a credit card, you want one with generous provisions in at least one category, like rewards, interest rates, or fees. There are a few factors to consider so you can pick the right credit card for your spending habits and financial needs, including:
- Your preferred features
- How you will use it
- Offers from different lenders
For example, if you want a rewards credit card, you probably won’t find one with competitive interest rates. That’s because these cards are mainly for those who pay their whole monthly balance. Knowing how you will use your card can help you determine the best deal for you.c To help you out, WalletHub offers a list of the best credit card deals in November.
Citi Double Cash Card
The Citi Double Dash card made the top of WalletHub’s list because it has the best rewards and lowest fees. It comes with no annual fee and offers 2% cash back on every purchase — which means you can earn twice as many rewards than other rewards cards.
What’s more, you can get 1% cash back whenever you swipe and an additional 1% when you pay your monthly balance. These reasons are why the Citi Double Dash credit card is one of the best credit cards on the market.
- Receive 2% on each purchase, an unlimited 1% when you use your card and an extra 1% cash back when you pay your monthly bill
- To get your rewards, you only need to make the minimum payment on time
- Get 0% APR on balance transfers for up to 18 months. When the introductory period ends, variable APR increases from 13.99% to 23.99%, depending on your credit score
- You do not earn rewards for balance transfers
- When you transfer, Citi will charge interest on your balance unless you pay it in full and on time
- Pay $5 or 3% on every balance transfer, depending on which amount is greater
- The Citi Flex Plan comes with a standard variable APR of 13.99% to 23.99%, depending on your credit score
Chase Freedom Unlimited
According to WalletHub, the Chase Freedom Unlimited is one of the most flexible credit cards available. It has simple, competitive rewards, no annual fee, and 0% APR for the first 15 months after opening an account. Plus, you’ll earn $200 just for spending $500 within 90 days after signing up.
You can earn 5% cashback when you spend up to $12,000 at the grocery store for the first 12 months. Not only that, but you can get 5% cashback when you book your travel plans through Chase. That’s on top of 3% cashback on dining and drugstores and 1.5% on everything else.
- Get $200 when you spend $500 within 90 days of opening your account
- Receive 5% cashback when you spend up to $12,000 at the grocery store within the first 12 months (excluding Target and Walmart)
- Earn 1.5% cashback on everything else
- Get 5% cashback on travel when you book through Chase, 3% on dining and drugstore purchases, and 1.5% on everything else
- No expiration date and no minimum necessary to redeem your rewards
- No annual fee
- Get 0% APR during the 15-month introductory period, then 14.99% to 23.74% variable APR based on your credit score
Blue Cash Preferred Card From American Express
WalletHub ranked the Blue Cash Preferred Card From American Express as one of the best credit cards because it offers the best rewards for everyday purchases. If you have good credit and streaming, groceries, gas, and transit are your main expenses, then this could be the perfect credit card for you.
You don’t pay an annual fee the first 12 months you have the Blue Cash Preferred, though it does come with a $95 charge after that. But, you can earn statement credit worth up to $300 when you spend $3,000 in the first six months you get the card.
It also offers generous rewards that are more than enough to offset the annual fee: all you have to do is make at least $1,600 in qualifying purchases throughout the year. For this reason, the Blue Cash Preferred Card is great for everyday people looking for better deals.
- Get $300 in statement credit when you spend $3,000 in the first six months (expires December 10, 2020)
- Earn 6% cash back on up to $6,000 in grocery purchases, then 1%
- Receive 6% cashback on your favorite streaming services
- Get 3% cashback on purchases at gas stations and transit services
- Earn 1% cashback on everything else
- You get cashback as Reward Dollars, which you can exchange for a statement credit
- Conditions apply
- No annual fee for the first 12 months, then $95 (expires December 10, 2020)
- Access to Plan It, a service that lets you divide purchases of at least $100 into monthly statements with a flat fee and zero interest
- Kiernan, John. “Best Credit Cards: Compare the Best Credit Cards & Apply Online for the Best Credit Card for Your Needs: Best Credit Cards for Rewards, Best Credit Cards for Travel, Best Credit Cards for Bad Credit.” WalletHub, 23 Oct. 2020, wallethub.com/best-credit-cards.